Monday, April 16, 2007

Washington DC node removal status

I've gotten a few questions from the community about how the Washington DC router removal is going. We're unfortunately still waiting on some documentation and an order to process for a FMMR cross-connect. While we continue to reach out to our partners, I don't have any ETA on when that will be ready. For now, the IP network transition is on hold until we can get that jumper run. Funny how a 2 meter piece of fiber can hold you up....

We're still looking into alternative transport methods and am getting more inventive as we go. Hope to have more shortly. At this point, I'm doubtful it will happen this week. Even if we can get the proper LOA/CFA, it will likely take several days to get the cross-connect made in the FMMR. It also takes a minimum of 72 hours notice to get remote hands lined up- none of which I can easily arrange until I have some level of confidence that the jumpers will be run.

But hey, I've been wrong before. Maybe things will start to click.